FREE SEMINAR: TEACHING AERIAL YOGA
Join us in this unique teacher training in aerial yoga. Whether you are already a yoga teacher looking to expand your teaching resume, or an aerial student looking to deepen your practice – this 25 hour training is for you. At Yoga Roots we are truly proud to say that we offer the first aerial yoga teacher training in Sweden! Join us in Malmö for your teacher training and learn the tools to lead aerial yoga classes anywhere in the world.
The training is led by Bethany Kokaia, the founder and co-owner of Yoga Roots Malmö, who brought aerial yoga to the Malmö region with the expansion of Yoga Roots in 2018. She is an experienced teacher trainer who will be leading her fourth aerial teacher training group in Spring 2022 at Yoga Roots. Bethany is an American, living in Sweden since 2013 and has been practicing yoga for over 15 years. She holds a 200 hour yoga certification, and specialised training in aerial, yin, prenatal and postnatal yoga. She is one of the invited teachers to represent Malmö leading classes at the Nordic Yoga Conference – Yoga Games – each year, and we are so excited for her to hold another aerial teacher training with us in 2022.
We are expanding the aerial yoga schedule in 2022 and are looking for new teachers to join our team! Are you our next aerial yoga teacher?
If you’re ready to join us – follow the link to apply/register your interest to the training below. If you’re curious to learn more about the program and teaching aerial yoga, send an email or join a free digital seminar where Bethany shares her personal experience teaching classes, her journey to bringing aerial yoga to Malmö, and takeaway her personal “recipe for a great yoga class” -recommendations for yoga teachers, whether you’re leading an aerial class or another type of class! The seminar is scheduled frequently – so sign up to tune into the next session!
Read below for all the details you need to know!
EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS
APPLY TO THE TRAINING
JOIN A FREE SEMINAR!
You have created a terrific course, so thought-through, covering a wide range of aspects regarding aerial yoga. I love your warm personality, how welcome, encouraged, comfortable and included you make everyone feel. I am so impressed with your timing – it is a true challenge to conduct such an extensive programme in a limited amount of time without feeling rushed. Congratulations and my warmest thanks to you. I am so happy I got to be a part of the experience.
AERIAL TT, 2021
A truly amazing experience I’ll remember and come back to in mind for a long time. Namaste.
AERIAL TT, 2020
AERIAL YOGA TRAINING 2023
25 HOUR TRAINING DATES:
To be released – email your interest in the program via the link above!
The training is semi-private with limited number of students accepted each year.
The aerial yoga teacher training 25-hour program is both for students looking to deepen their aerial yoga practice, and for those looking to become an aerial yoga teacher. You do not need to have a teaching background, but a background in yoga, Pilates or dance is recommended . In order to qualify to teach with us at Yoga Roots a prerequisite yoga training 200 hours or above is now required.
FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Expand your teaching portfolio and become certified in this unique style of yoga at one of the only aerial yoga studios in Sweden.
Learn the tools to not only lead an aerial yoga class, but also advance your own teaching voice and style, fine-tune your skills as a teacher and take the time for self-development and introspection.
FOR EXPERIENCED AERIAL STUDENTS
Advance your aerial yoga practice. Learn the postures in detail and discover a new appreciation for the aerial practice. Find the confidence to take your aerial practice to a home practice, and learn safe rigging techniques* to practice in and out of the studio.
This training is a perfect way for a yoga student to create an even deeper relationship with their practice.
* not installation
25-HOUR AERIAL YOGA PROGRAM INCLUDES:
AERIAL YOGA POSTURES:
- Deepen your practice and understanding of aerial postures.
- Learn basic aerial yoga postures and how to teach them confidently.
- Learn to clearly communicate how to get in and out of postures, transitions and inversions.
- Learn how to structure and sequence an aerial yoga class (basic knowledge in the 25 hour training – expansion module available in fall 2022).
- Examples of aerial yoga sequences are provided in the manual.
- Basic anatomy and benefits of aerial yoga
- Contraindications of aerial yoga and discussion about modifications for different circumstances such as injuries, pregnancy, dizziness, joint pain, back issues etc.
- Safety and rigging of aerial hammocks indoors.
- Learn how to safely lead a mixed level aerial class.
- Learn how to help beginners get in and out of inversions safely.
- Information about rigging techniques outside the studio.
- Verbal, Visual & Manual Adjustments for confident teaching.
- Learn tips and techniques for teaching clearly, and communicating in a way to keep your students safe and confident in their aerial yoga practice.
AERIAL YOGA MANUAL:
- You will receive a manual with the different yoga postures and sequences with photos of each posture. Safety information and information to help you start leading an aerial yoga class.
OPPORTUNITIES TO TEACH AERIAL YOGA AFTER THE TRAINING:
- We are looking for new aerial yoga teachers! Have the opportunity to join the Yoga Roots team as an aerial teacher in 2022.
The training was so much fun; challenging but am excellent opportunity to grow, both mentally and physically.
AERIAL TT, 2020
8.500 SEK for 25 Hour Aerial Teacher Training
Early bird offers:
- Book before — and save 500 SEK on the training cost (7.999 SEK) PLUS receive an unlimited month card to use at Yoga Roots during the training month for a total savings of 2.000 SEK!
- Book before — and receive an unlimited month card to use at Yoga Roots during the training month for a savings of 1.500 SEK!
* Payment plans available. 50% down payment to secure your spot *
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to reserve a place. Limited space available!
APPLY TO THE TRAINING
EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS